Organizing your Course's Content using Folders
Folders are content containers in your Blackboard course. Their function is identical to the folders you would use on your personal computer: to organize content in meaningful ways. Folders can hold a variety of items, including documents, Blackboard tools, and other folders.
Adding a Folder
- From inside a content area, click the Build Content button
- From the dropdown menu, select Content Folder
- On the following page, provide a name for the folder
- Provide a description (optional)
- Set restrictions (optional)
- Click Submit
- You can set the availability of a new folder using the Standard Option Permit Users to View this Content. Select Yes or No.
- You can also make content available or unavailable at particular times using the Select Date and Time Restrictions feature.
Note: if you set the overall availability to No, the Date and Time Restrictions will not function. Instead, leave the overall availability set to Yes, then use Date and Time Restrictions.
Note: availability restrictions on a folder also affect its contents, meaning you do not need to change availability settings for anything within the folder.
Adding meaningful names to Folders
Two common naming conventions for folders are chronological (e.g., Week 1, Week 2, etc.) and categorical (Introduction, Main Topic 1, Main Topic 2, Readings Assessments, etc.).
Folders are content containers in your Blackboard course. Their function is identical to the folders you would use on your personal computer.
Adding content to Folders
Last updated: 07/07/2016